Humanity has been struggling to understand good and evil since the beginning of time. What are the light and dark attributes that exist within everyone?
Over the years, there has been an extensive amount of research and conversation regarding the Dark Triad, a set of characteristics often deemed malevolent. With that said, hese attributes are typically distributed throughout the population – e.g., you can score low, medium, or high – and are completely indicative of normal functioning.
But in 2019, a groundbreaking study was performed to create the Light Triad, an empirically discernible set of characteristics that, in combination, have substantial implications for the bright side of life.
1. Faith in Humanityㅡ "Generally speaking, humans are good."
2. Humanismㅡ "Humans across all backgrounds are deserving of respect and appreciation."
3. Kantianismㅡ "Others should be treated as ends in and of themselves, and not as pawns in one’s own game."
1. Machiavellianism - A tendency to exploit others for one’s own gain
2. Psychopathy - A disregard for other's feelings.
3. Narcissism - A heightened focus on oneself.
The average balance score for the entire sample of thousands of test participants was 1.3, indicating that the average person's daily patterns of thoughts, behaviors, and emotions are skewed toward the light rather than the dark.
As this scatterplot illustrates, extreme malevolence is relatively uncommon in the general population:
1. Studies show that everybody has attributes of both light and dark.
2. Take the test below to check in and see where you're at in the balance.
Content Restricted To Members